Sunday, August 21, 2005

If Oil Goes Any Higher... Something is Gonna Pop!

I used to envy those who drove Hummers, Lincoln Navigators and the likes. Not anymore… like Mr. T used to say, “I pity the fool!” I pity the fools who drive those gas guzzling machines in highly gas priced environments. I remember when I could fill up my car for around 20 bucks; but now, I give a sigh of relief if I am able to fill it for under $40. That’s not nearly as bad as the poor fella that had to fork up 80 US dollars to feed his big badass Escalade.

Ladies and Gentlemen, these ridiculous gas prices ARE a problem. I like to think that there is some glimmer of hope that we could avoid a dismal economic outlook… but if these gas prices continue, then that may be the negative catalyst that forces our US economy to come to a halt. If I have to consistently second guess or question whether I really need to take my car or not, then I’m thinking everyone is thinking something along the same line.

There’s this term economists use, which is “purchasing power”… and well, I’m pretty sure I don’t have much of that given these conditions.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Oil will go higher for decades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home