Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Revolution

According to Dictionary.com, Revolution means the following:

rev·o·lu·tion [rev-uh-loo-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
2.Sociology. a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, esp. one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. Compare social evolution.

No one can deny that we're going through a revolution; technological revolution to be more precise. But what does this mean? For one, I can understand why some have fought this change, but it's a force with which it is to be reckoned. This revolution has changed the WAY things are done. The internet has taken the power away from the media tycoons. This influence has gone to the people, like you and me.

I love music, especially those produced with the guitar. And to my amazement, I would've never been exposed to some of the exceptional guitar sounds out there (because the media geniuses tell me that I should listen to Britney Spears or Ashlee Simpson). Take for example, I doubt most of you haven't heard about Andy Mckee (I seriously suggest you watch the video). He's not the typical and marketable guitarist, but he has one gifted talent. I would've never found this out if it wasn't for YouTube. To those who YouTube may have noticed how he has been climbing the popularity chart. People like Andy will find recognition for their gifts because of this technological revolution. Talented people don't have to deal with media politics anymore... screw that. Normal people now get to have their say in things. Now, that's a revolution.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Equity Tips said...

Hello ! I must tell you the blog post is really good. It is very informative. I want to mention one thing that I like the way you write the post to the point. I really appreciate and keep writing!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FIVE DOLLARS said...

Could be coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home